As a church we long to be a community of people who, because we are rooted in Jesus Christ, are proclaiming and serving Him with passion, courage and conviction in every aspect of our lives.
Rooted in the Lord Jesus Christ
- In John 15 v 5 Jesus said “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a person remains in me and I in them they will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”. It is vital that the basis of our life is the firm foundation of the Good News of Jesus – that he died on the cross and rose from the dead so that we can be in relationship with God.
People of passion, courage & conviction
- None of us are perfect people and we will make mistakes along the way as individuals and a community. However, we want to be people who love God with all our hearts and live out that passion with courage and conviction.
Proclaiming and serving him in all of life
- During the three years of his active ministry Jesus spent time with people, both telling and showing them what God is like through teaching, discussions, stories and miracles such as healing the sick and raising the dead. Faith is not about coming to church on Sundays but about a minute-by-minute relationship with the God of the universe. We want to be people that declare and demonstrate what God is like in all areas of our life.
To help us achieve this we aim to:
Celebrate God in Community
- We are one family and we want to be a community who celebrate who God is together.
Radiate Jesus’ Love
- Jesus showed the love of God to all those he met and reached out to the marginalised and poor. We want to radiate the same extravagant love as we impact the world around us.
Build up in Word & Prayer
- As with any relationship it takes work to grow in our faith. By reading the Bible and spending time talking and listening to God we get to know him better and our love for him grows.
Continue with the Great Commission
- In Matthew 28 Jesus said to his disciples: “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Ultimately, our job is to tell others of Jesus and teach them how to follow him.